NSFFC 2013 Fly Tying Competition Flies
1. Scruffy Brown Nymph #12.
2. Tyers Choice ~ Dry Fly .
3. Tyers Choice ~ Wet Fly.
1. Copper John #12.
2. Tyers Choice ~ Parachute Style (e.g. Klinkhammer, Parachute Adams).
3. Tyers Choice ~ Midge pattern.
1. Bredbo #12.
2. Tyers Choice ~ Dry Fly Matched Wing Slips (e.g. Greenwellís Glory).
3. Tyers Choice ~ Any Pattern #18 (or smaller!) hook.
Competition Tying practice night - 2nd Thursday in June. Flies to be submitted to the President NLT the AGM. Submitted flies may be ìupgradedî if the tier believes theyíve done a better job on any fly already submitted, however the AGM is the cut off.Rules
Fly Tying Competition Rules
(a) Flies are to be handed to the Club President or to someone nominated by him, on or before the night of the Annual General Meeting.
These will be numbered and handed to the judge, who will let the president know the winning number for each category. The judge will be the fly tying coach, or someone nominated by him.
(b) Three (3) patterns are required to enter.
(c) Only one fly of each pattern is required to be tied.
(d) These patterns shall be specified by the Fly Tying Coach for each level of competition and will be printed in the Clubís newsletter.
(e) There will be 3 levels of competition
- Advanced: Open to all Club members.
- Intermediate: Open to all Club members who have no more than 3 years fly tying experience. Participants who are unsure if they qualify for this level of competition are to speak to the fly tying coach who will then decide on eligibility.
- Beginners: Only open to members with less than a year or very limited fly tying experience.
Participants who are unsure if they qualify for this level of competition are to speak to the fly tying coach who will then decide on eligibility.
(f) Winners of the Beginners and Intermediate level competitions are not eligible to compete in that category in the following years.
(g) The trophies for each of the categories will be presented at the Annual Dinner.